Acousticub
May 12, 2010 16810
Georgia's Best........Gold Star Campground
Overall rating

Friendly

Maintained

Safety

Relative Value

Georgia's Best is waiting for you at Roy's Hideaway. In my opinion this is a "Gold Star" campground and one that I would highly recommend. During the Labor Day weekend, my partner and I had the pleasure of visiting this picturesque establishment. The grounds were beautifully manicured and included several ponds inviting campers to enjoy fishing, canoeing, kayaking and duck watching. The amenities included full hook up with water, sewer, 30-50 amp, picnic tables and an awesome view with every site. There are facilities for all levels of campers from tents to big rigs. Also available for your pleasure are fully furnished cabins and a bunk house which offers many exciting activities/adventures. And don't miss the club house with a big screen tv, full kitchen and recreational area. The pool area is the hub for many activities including a DJ, live performances by muscians, bingo, creative contests and dancing. You will definitely enjoy the sparkling clear/clean heated pool, a well maintained hot tub and very clean bath house with a huge walkin shower room. The poolside cafe has excellent food and an updated menu daily plus a chief with a smile that will have you requesting "more please". At night many campers visit the bon fire area to exchange intellectual conversation and debate world affairs.......yea, right. There is another area in the campground that maybe you would want to visit which is affectionantly referred too as "the barn"....don't miss the area behind "the barn". However, the most outstanding feature of this campground is the owner, his staff and the permanent residents. Southern hospitality is alive and well at Roy's and if you are looking to meet true southern gentleman and ladies ...... THIS IS THE PLACE!!!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 12 3

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
Already have an account? or Create an account
September 11, 2010
Thanks. Im glad you enjoyed your stay here . Like i said b4 I loved it so much I moved over here. Hope to see you soon again. Had a blast with you and your partner .
1 results - showing 1 - 1