Acousticub
May 12, 2010 16810
Needs to be better
Overall rating

Friendly

Maintained

Safety

Relative Value

My first impression of Roy's was that I was impressed that we got a personal tour of the campground by one of the staff. I have to say the campground is well kept and they were in the process of adding new sites at the time I was there.

As for the friendliness of the staff and other guest staying there I have to give this campground a very poor rating. Roy didn't meet us and this being our first time visiting the campground. I had to ask one of the staff was one person there Roy and then he started talking to me but was limited. I was never asked how was our stay or were we enjoying the campground. The rest of the guest and residents there were clicky and standoffish which was disappointing because of my previous experiences at other campgrounds here in Georgia where I was made to feel at home by the perms as well as other campers. Unfortunately, this was not the case at Roy's.

As for the "cafe" at the campground the food was poor at it's best. The special the night we tried it was rib eye steak. Me and my partner both agreed we should have grilled or cooked ourselves and not eaten the food. The steak was fatty, greasy, and appear to be skillet cooked instead of broiled because of how fatty and greasy tasting.

After seeing the web site and all the activities posted on the web site the campground itself was an overall disappointment. It is unfortunate because it seems to be a great piece of land for a campground. I think if the owner was a bit more friendly this message would come across to all that came to Roy's and this would be seen with visitors as well as the permanents and staff and all would feel welcome instead of it feeling standoffish and clicky.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 8 8

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
Already have an account? or Create an account
February 25, 2014
This reviewer seems to be a bit petulant in that he was not personally greeted by the owner. Could it be that running a large facility like this puts demands on the owner that the reviewer isn't considering?
The issue about cliques at campgrounds is the same everywhere...at gay or straight campgrounds. If you have a permanent site there is a feeling of "belonging" or even "ownership" to a degree. I run into this all the time at campgrounds. The one exception is Camp David (Inverness, FL) where the perms go out of their way to get your pants off and keep you entertained.
Without meaning to be politically incorrect, the worst rudeness at straight campgrounds in Florida is exhibited by French Canadians.
Sometimes at gay campgrounds, if you make the first move to say 'hello' to the perms you might get invited in for drinks. Perhaps dinner. Perhaps more.
AS far as 'other campgrounds in Georgia' the one I visited had poor electrical service, no sewer connection at the camp site, no cable, no WiFi and not much of anything else.
While I'm not trying to defend the owners so much, I have found in emails that Roy is extremely friendly and outgoing.
1 results - showing 1 - 1